Some people have the passion to help others heal from injuries and find overall general health. They have great communication skills, the natural ability to make others feel comfortable and calm in their presence and show compassion and empathy toward others. These characteristics are very common among Massage Therapists. Massage Therapy is a career choice that revitalizes and invigorates, while reducing stress and increasing the peace of mind for clients. If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a Massage Therapist, check out these awesome things about being a Massage Therapy Student!
- Choose the Right Schedule for You – The Massage Therapy program at Arizona College is accelerated with flexible morning and evening class schedules to choose from with new sessions beginning every 5 weeks. The accelerated program is designed for students to complete their education in approximately 35 weeks!
- Learn Diverse Massage techniques – Our Massage Therapy program incorporates numerous types of massage techniques, including Swedish and Sport Massage, Prenatal, Trigger Point Therapy, Shiatsu, Reflexology, Spa Techniques and Chair Massage, to name a few.
- Gain Hand-On Practice – All Massage Therapy students at Arizona College practice and refine their massage skills and techniques on fellow classmates during Massage Lab. This allows the instructor to observe students training with the ability to critique and provide valuable feedback. Massage students also complete an internship in our Massage Clinic by performing massage on clients from the public.
- Learn How to Market Yourself – As a Massage Therapy student at Arizona College, you will learn skills to market yourself and your new profession. Whether you choose to start your own business or obtain employment with a company, having knowledge of business and marketing is always useful in advancing your career.
- Gain Access to Volunteer Events – Throughout the year, our Massage Therapy students volunteer at community events by giving chair massages. These events are a great way to gain real-world experience, while networking and bonding as members of the training program.
Have you been thinking about a career as a Massage Therapist? Now is the time to make a change for a career that is in demand. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the employment of Massage Therapists to increase 23% from 2012-2020. Contact Arizona College, take a tour of the school and check out our Massage Therapy Lab. Talk to the Massage Therapy students and instructors in person; you will experience the positive energy that students have while training for their new career!