Dental Assisting Training Program
If you like working in one-on-one settings, possess excellent communication skills, and have the ability to juggle a wide range of responsibilities, Dental Assisting could be the ideal career for you. From participating in four-handed dentistry and providing chair-side assistance to the Dentist, to scheduling patient appointments and performing other clerical duties, Dental Assisting offers the opportunity to play a critical role in a busy medical environment. This program is offered at our Glendale and Mesa Campuses only.
Classes start as soon as May 1, 2017!
Choosing a Dental Assisting Program
Arizona College’s Dental Assisting program offers a curriculum designed to provide both the education and the experience needed to become a Dental Assistant.
The Arizona College Dental Assisting curriculum includes:
- Hands-on Dental Assisting training
- Dental Assisting Courses taught by experienced faculty
- Both lecture and lab courses offered
- Material that prepares students with the knowledge and skills required to work in both the front (administrative/clerical) and back (patient care/dentist assistance) offices
- Externship experience that provides the knowledge and confidence needed to work in a real-world dental office
Other benefits of our Dental Assisting training program include:
- Accelerated morning and evening classes
- Flexible schedules with new sessions starting every 5 weeks
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Open lab and tutoring sessions (by appointment)
- A peer mentor program
- Career Services employment placement assistance (upon successful completion of the program)
Our Dental Assistant Program is 4 quarters in duration, with completion of the program in as early as 38 weeks. Upon completion of the on-campus portion of the program, each student is required to participate in an off-campus, 8 week clinical externship. The clinical externship portion of the program provides each student with real-world experience in a dental practice setting.
After Completion of the Program
Once the program is completed, graduates are encouraged to certification in the Dental Assisting field. Additionally, Arizona College also provides each student with the support they need to start their career as a Dental Assistant through job placement assistance from a Career Services Coordinator.
Dental Assisting Training at Arizona College
We invite you to visit our campus, take a tour and learn more about our school and our Dental Assisting program. Complete a form to receive more information from an Arizona College representative and take the first step on the path to fulfilling your dream of receiving a diploma in Dental Assisting. Change Lives, Choose Arizona College!
*Click here for more information about graduation and placement rates, the median debt of students who complete the program, and other important information about this program.