Health Information Program
Health Information is an exciting career which provides a way to enter the medical field without providing direct patient care. Health information professionals work directly with health information systems to ensure the quality of patient medical records. This program is offered at our Glendale and Mesa Campuses only.
Classes start as soon as February 20, 2017!
Choosing a Health Information Program
Arizona College’s Health Information program is designed to provide the education and training needed to reach your goal of becoming a Health Information professional.
To assist our Health Information students in their success, Arizona College offers:
- Hands-on training for the skills you need to become a Health Information professional
- Computer training offered for medical billing in coding
- Health Information courses taught by experienced faculty
- Both lab and lecture courses offered
- Real-world Health Information externship experience
Other valuable benefits of our Health Information training program include:
- Morning and evening class schedules
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Open lab and tutoring sessions (by appointment)
- A peer mentor program
- New class sessions starting every 5 weeks
- Career Services employment placement assistance (upon successful completion of the program)
The Health Information diploma program consists of 6 quarters. It includes an off-campus, 5 week clinical externship to provide students with real-world experience in the field of Health Information. Including the off-campus externship, the program totals approximately 30 weeks.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are encouraged to pursue certification in the field of Health Information.
Health Information training at Arizona College
We invite you to visit our campus to learn more about our school and our Health Information program. Contact us today to start on the path to fulfilling your dream of working in Health Information. Change Lives, Choose Arizona College!
*Click here for more information about graduation and placement rates, the median debt of students who complete the program, and other important information about the associate degree program.