There are many different schooling options for aspiring Medical Assistants. You can earn an associate degree or diploma from a number of community colleges or opt for a career college that specializes in training students for specific fields, like Medical Assisting. Arizona College offers a diploma program and a degree program for those interested in Medical Assisting as a career – both of which offer evening courses, hands-on training, and clinical externships that provide real-world experience. The diploma program typically takes thirty weeks and the degree takes sixty. Before you go to school to become a Medical Assistant, it is important to do your research and choose the training program that best fits your budget, your career goals, your desired time in school, and your lifestyle.
Likewise, it is important to do your research when it comes to financing your education. When you are looking into various financial aid programs, be sure to remember these five financial aid tips that will help you to receive the training you need to become a Medical Assistant:
- Apply for financial aid as soon as possible. The sooner you apply, the sooner you will know your options for paying for College.
- Be sure to prioritize your efforts and start with the federal government, then look into the private sector. For helpful information about funding opportunities, visit http://www.finaid.org/.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for federal grants and loans.
- Pay attention to deadlines and apply for any programs, awards, or grants you think you may qualify for. You never know if you don’t apply!
- Learn all you can about the financial aid process for the school you are looking into and set up a meeting with your financial aid administrator.
The Financial Aid department at Arizona College offers information and advice, and can help you navigate the waters of applying for grant and loan programs. Stop by and let us help you determine what financial aid programs you qualify for so you can get your Medical Assistant training underway.