Arizona College’s Associate’s degree program in Health Care Administration is offered at our Glendale and Mesa, AZ campuses. This program can be completed in 30 weeks. Morning and evening classes are available and new sessions start every 5 weeks. Additional certification is not necessary to become a health care administrator or to find employment in hospital or clinical settings. However, a specialized certificate may be required by other employers, particularly nursing homes, assisted living centers, and residential health facilities. Specific licensure and credential requirements for long-term care administration and management vary by state.
The curriculum for the health care administration degree program includes coursework in:
- Extensive management training for your professional development
- Business administration, including classes in operations management, accounting, finances, and software systems
- Legal competency, including health care law and policy, ethics, and health insurance information
- General education to help you hone your soft skills, such as communication and leadership
All lectures and hands-on training are led by experienced health administration faculty.This comprehensive curriculum prepares you for taking on the many responsibilities and duties of a health care administrator.
When you choose Arizona College, you also choose to enjoy the benefits that becoming part of our school community entails:
- A student services team dedicated to providing academic and personal support
- Open lab and tutoring sessions (by appointment) and access to the peer mentoring program
- Financial aid for those who qualify
- Access to career services (including job placement assistance after successful program completion) and ArizonaCollegeEDGE
Why Should You Become a Health Care Administrator?
If you are looking for a rewarding career in the health care industry, becoming a health care administrator (HCA) might be an excellent fit for you if you:
- Take lead in a team environment and love being in a position where you can supervise others and oversee their achievements on a day-to-day basis
- Have a knack for problem-solving
- Are detail-oriented with excellent organization, time management, administrative, and skills
- Communicate effectively with a wide array of people within the health industry, including medical executives, public health officials, physicians, nurses, and other health care providers
- Feel enthusiastic about by the thought of having diverse responsibilities and working in a fast-paced health care organization
How do you begin on this exciting health care management career path? Education is the first step and Arizona College’s Health Care Administration degree program sets you up for success.
How To Get Started
For more information on the Health Care Administration program at Arizona College, complete a request for information form to connect with our admissions team. We are excited to provide you with support and assistance as you start on the path to obtaining your degree and becoming a health care administrator!