Transferring to Arizona College
Arizona College accepts many transfer students. Often, these students are interested in transferring credits from other health or technical colleges in order to complete their degree or certificate programs here. We accept transfer credits from accredited institutions, as long as the following conditions are satisfied:
- The institution that the student wishes to transfer credits from must be accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Transfer credit is granted only for courses in which a letter grade of “C” or higher was earned and the following time requirements are met:
- College of Allied Health Core curriculum courses with a lab component must have been completed within 2 years of starting classes at Arizona College.
- College of Allied Health Core curriculum courses without lab components must have been completed within 5 years of starting classes at Arizona College.
- Non-science related general education courses must have been completed within 10 years of starting classes at Arizona College.
- Science and math related general education courses must have been completed within 5 years of starting classes at Arizona College.
- Arizona College does not offer credit for advanced placement classes or life experience.
- Official transcripts must be received from the former institution prior to a student’s first term or no transfer credits are officially granted for that term.
- Course descriptions from a former institution’s catalog are analyzed and credit is accepted for those successfully completed courses that parallel course content and duration of Arizona College courses. Courses in a student’s major must meet the same general course objectives as Arizona College courses.
To inquire about transfer credits associated with CLEP test scores, or with any other questions, please contact Student Services.
Progression into the Core Nursing Curriculum (Semester 5) Academic Requirements
To advance from the General Education courses into the Core Nursing curriculum (Semester 5), the student must meet the following GPA and grade requirements:
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in the required general education and science courses (semesters 1-4)
- Complete all science and math courses within the 5 years prior to admission to the program.
- Achieve a “B” or higher in the 6 required science courses (Fundamentals of Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology I and II, and Pathophysiology)
- Achieve a “B” or higher in Math
- Achieve a “B or higher in Statistics
- Achieve a “C” or higher in all other general education courses
Applying for transfer credit
To apply for transfer credit, please submit an official transcript from the institution where the credit was earned. The institution must be accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
You may submit your transcript and catalog directly to your admissions representative using the contact information he or she provides. These materials must be received prior to starting your first term in order to be considered for transfer credit.
After we receive your submission, we will perform an audit of your coursework to determine whether the courses submitted are equivalent to courses offered at Arizona College.
If your credit transfer is approved, you will be contacted via U.S. mail with an official letter from the college. At this point, you should talk to your admissions representative about appropriate next steps toward completing your program.
If your transfer is not approved and you have questions, please contact Student Services and set up an appointment to discuss the matter with your program director.
To learn more about the credit transfer process or to request information about the programs offered at Arizona College, contact us online or call (602) 222-9300.