Credit Transfer Information
Transferring to Arizona College
If you’ve started your nursing or healthcare education at another accredited school, you might be able to transfer those credits to Arizona College. Transferring credits can get you on track to complete your program in less time and at a lower cost.
How to Apply for Transfer Credit
We make it easy to apply for transfer credit. You’ll need to request two things from your previous institution(s):
- An official transcript
- A copy of the course catalog
Once you have these two items, you may submit them directly to your Arizona College admissions representative. Keep in mind these materials must be received before starting your first term to be considered for transfer credit, so the sooner you can provide them, the better.
Credit Transfer Eligibility
To accept your credits from another accredited institution, you’ll need to meet these conditions:
- The transfer institution must be accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Transfer credit is granted only for courses in which a letter grade of “C” or higher was earned. Along with that, the following time requirements must be met:
- College of Allied Health Core curriculum courses with a lab component must have been completed within 2 years of starting classes at Arizona College
- College of Allied Health Core curriculum courses without lab components must have been completed within 5 years of starting classes at Arizona College
- Non-science related general education courses must have been completed within 10 years of starting classes at Arizona College
- Science and math related general education courses must have been completed within 5 years of starting classes at Arizona College
- Official transcripts must be received from the former institution prior to a student’s first term or no transfer credits are officially granted for that term.
- Course descriptions from a former institution’s catalog are analyzed and credit is accepted for those successfully completed courses that closely follow course content and duration of Arizona College courses. Courses in a student’s major must meet the same general course objectives as Arizona College courses.
Note: We do not offer transfer credit for advanced placement classes or life experience.
Next Steps: Transfer Credit Approval Process
After we receive your submission, we’ll audit your coursework to determine if the courses submitted are equivalent to courses offered at Arizona College.
If your credit transfer is approved – You will receive an official letter from Arizona College by U.S. mail. At this point, you should contact your admissions representative to take the next steps in the enrollment process.
If your transfer is not approved – If you have questions about why your transfer wasn’t approved, you can contact Student Services and set up an appointment to discuss it with your program director.