The Massage Therapy Licensing Process
Whether you plan to start your own business or accept an hourly position, becoming a professional Massage Therapist requires a massage license in the state of Arizona in order to work in the public and receive fees for services. Upon completion of the massage therapy training program at Arizona College, graduates must contact the Arizona State Board of Massage Therapy to apply for licensure.
To apply for licensure with the Arizona State Board for Massage Therapy, visit the organization’s website and navigate to the section entitled “For Applicants”.
- The website will provide you with specific instructions for the application process, and what documents must be submitted with the application.
- The application fee to the Arizona State Board will cost $219, granting a badge to the applicant. This badge indicates that the applicant is eligible to receive licensure.
- If the applicant would like a wall certificate printed, it is an additional $25.
- The applicant must obtain and send their Official Transcripts, which cost $20, to the licensing board.
- Transcripts may be obtained from Arizona College and mailed by the applicant.
- Applicants will also need to send a completed fingerprint card, which costs approximately $15.
- Lastly, applicants will need to provide a passport photo, which costs approximately $10, in addition to the application fee.
- This fee may be paid in the form of a cashier’s check or money order.
It is recommended that you submit your Application for Certification through Arizona State Board of Massage Therapy as soon as possible. The average wait time is generally between 4 and 8 weeks. Due to the fact that the Arizona State Board has the ability to take up to 180 days to process the application, the information should be sent as soon as possible. If you plan to start your own business, you will also most likely need to also get a business license from your state or municipality before you can legally begin to practice massage therapy.
The certifying body will determine on a case-by-case basis whether the applicant will be allowed to receive their license or sit for their certification exam if the applicant has any felonies or misdemeanors.
If you are interested in becoming a licensed Massage Therapist, Arizona College can provide you with the training and experience you need to take the first step. Fill out a form and learn more about our Massage Therapy training program. Take the first step today to become a Massage Therapist.