The pharmacy technician career is a rewarding line of work that demands attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a busy work setting. Pharmacy technicians play a critical role in providing quality patient care on behalf of a pharmacist by acting as gatekeepers for prescribed medications, compounds, and devices. Not only is the demand for pharmacy technicians growing, but it is also a rewarding career path that allows you to work in the medical & pharmaceutical field. This program is offered at our Glendale and Mesa campuses.
Choosing a Pharmacy Technician Program
When you’re deciding where and how to obtain your pharmacy technician training, you’ll want a school that offers high-quality education in the classroom, personalized support, and the opportunity to get your hands dirty with real-life experience. Being both knowledgeable and experienced will make you a top candidate for employment after you get your diploma.
Arizona College’s Pharmacy Technician program gives you the best of both worlds. Not only does the program hold a strong focus on classroom education, but you’ll also receive an off-site externship following the program’s completion.
Pharmacy Technician Training at Arizona College
Arizona College’s program, which is ASHP accredited at our Glendale and Mesa campuses, provides the education and training required to become a pharmacy technician. This program takes 3 quarters (34 weeks) to complete. After finishing the on-campus portion, students take an off-campus clinical externship in the last session of the program.
Arizona College’s curriculum includes:
- Hands-on training in pharmacology, medical terminology & documentation, drug prescription information, and drug abbreviations
- Modern facilities and sterile pharmacy laboratories with laminar flow hoods, ointment slabs, prescription balances, counting trays, pill crushers, and other high-tech teaching aids
- Pharmacy management software & computer training
- Lecture & lab pharmacy technician courses taught by experienced faculty
Externship & on-site experience (following completion of the courses)
Outside of our extensive curriculum, Arizona College’s Pharmacy Technician program includes other benefits to help you become a pharmacy technician, such as:
- Open lab and tutoring sessions (arranged by appointment)
- Accelerated morning and evening classes to help you finish the coursework quicker
- Flexible scheduling with new sessions starting every five weeks
- Peer mentoring program access
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Career Services employment assistance upon successfully completing the program
After completing the program, graduates are encouraged to pursue Pharmacy Technician Certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. Certification is required by the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy.
Taking the Next Step
If you’ve been thinking about working in healthcare and pursuing a pharmacy technician career, don’t let another day go by! Visit our campus in Glendale or Mesa to learn more about the Pharmacy Technician training program at Arizona College. Complete a request for information form to learn more, and start your journey to becoming a pharmacy technician today. Change lives and choose Arizona College!