Credit Transfer Information

LPN School vs BSN School

Transferring to Arizona College of Nursing

If you’ve started your nursing or healthcare education at another accredited school, you might be able to transfer those credits to Arizona College of Nursing. Transferring credits can get you on track to complete your program in less time and at a lower cost.

A group of people sitting at a table looking at a laptop - Financial adviser

How to Apply for Transfer Credit

We make it easy to apply for transfer credit. You’ll need to request two things from your previous institution(s):

  • An official transcript
  • A copy of the course catalog

Once you have these two items, you may submit them directly to your Arizona College of Nursing admissions representative. Keep in mind these materials must be received before starting your first term to be considered for transfer credit, so the sooner you can provide them, the better.

Credit Transfer Eligibility

To accept your credits from another accredited institution, you’ll need to meet these conditions: 

A group of people sitting at a table using a laptop at Arizona College

Next Steps: Transfer Credit Approval Process

After we receive your submission, we’ll audit your coursework to determine if the courses submitted are equivalent to courses offered at Arizona College.

If your credit transfer is approved – You will receive an official letter from Arizona College by U.S. mail. At this point, you should contact your admissions representative to take the next steps in the enrollment process. 

If your transfer is not approved – If you have questions about why your transfer wasn’t approved, you can contact Student Services and set up an appointment to discuss it with your program director.

Military Credits and Education

Active service members and veterans may request credit as documented on their Joint Services Transcript for all allowable courses according to equivalencies determined by the American Council on Education. Individuals who present with relevant military education and experience equal to but not limited to Basic Medical Technician Corpsman (Navy HM or Air Force BMTCP), Army Health Care Specialist (68W Army Medic), or Air Force Independent Duty Medical Technician (IMDT 4N0X1C) are eligible for advanced placement in a prelicensure nursing program. All nursing courses can be challenged; however, individuals must have prior relevant education and experience that meet the specific requirements of each course.

We’re here to help.

For questions about transfer credits, including credits associated with CLEP test scores, contact Student Services and we’ll be happy to help.