Dental Assistant Training at Arizona College
Our school’s dental assistant program takes a total of four quarters (38 weeks) to complete. After completing the on-campus portion of the program, you’ll participate in an off-campus, eight-week clinical externship that provides you with real-world, hands-on experience in a dental practice setting.
- No GED or High School diploma, we have solutions.
- Online / In-Person hybrid learning format
- Students starting on November 21st, 2022, or later will receive a preloaded iPad included in their tuition, to use throughout school and keep upon graduation
- Flexible schedules with new sessions starting every 5 weeks
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
Arizona College will pay for a passed RHS (Radiation Health and Safety) Certification.
- Open lab and tutoring sessions (by appointment)
- Peer mentoring program
Hear From Our Allied Health Program Students
Everyone at Arizona College has been very helpful and friendly. The class size is smaller than most colleges which is what I like the most.
Whitney Begay, Arizona College Allied Health Program
Arizona College of Allied Health’s instructors and staff are the most helpful people I know and attending this school has been the best decision I’ve ever made.
Christina Feinga, Arizona College Allied Health Program
Finally, A Dental Assistant School Near Me!
An Arizona Dental Assistant Program for the entire Phoenix Valley with 2 campus locations in Glendale and Mesa. Our Student Services team is here to help you tackle daily needs such as class scheduling or transportation options.
Our Dental Assistant Program Curriculum Includes:
- Training on administrative/clerical duties, including charting dental histories, providing patients with information & post-operative instructions, and teaching patients about maintaining oral hygiene.
- Technical training on sterilizing tools and equipment, preparing tray set-ups for dental examinations, and constructing crowns and bridges.
- Lecture & lab dental assisting courses taught by experienced faculty.
- Externship experience that provides the knowledge and confidence needed to work in a dental office.
Choosing a Dental Assistant School
When deciding where to obtain your dental assistant training, look for a school that offers a mix of teaching and learning environments: classroom, laboratory, and experience in the field. This holistic combination gives you a strong foundation for pursuing employment after you graduate.
Arizona College of Allied Health’s dental assistant undergraduate diploma program is designed to provide you with both the education and the real-world experience needed to become a dental assistant.
What Does A Dental Assistant Do?
Dental assistant responsibilities include providing chairside assistance to dentists and hygienists during dental procedures and performing clerical duties, such as scheduling patient appointments. This program is offered at our Glendale and Mesa, AZ campuses.
A dental assistant career offers you the opportunity to play a critical role in a busy dentistry environment. Dental assisting is an ideal career path if you:
- Like working in one-on-one settings
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Can juggle a wide range of responsibilities.
Begin Your Journey To Become a Dental Assistant Today!
Arizona College encourages our students to pursue dental assistant certification after completing our program. Additionally, as a program graduate, you’ll have support and assistance with job placement from our Career Services team as you embark on your dental assistant career.
We invite you to learn more about our school and our dental assistant program. Take the first step on the path to fulfilling your dream of working in the dental field. Complete a request information form to get in touch with the Arizona College admissions team. Start your new healthcare career today!