The Phlebotomist Certification Process
These are the general steps to becoming a certified phlebotomist:
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for the appropriate examination before submitting your application.
- Complete and submit the appropriate application form along with the necessary:
- Application fee
- Documentation required to verify your eligibility
- Once your eligibility is confirmed, you’ll receive notification by email to take the phlebotomy certification exam on the computer within a specified period (typically three months).
- Schedule an appointment to take your phlebotomy certification exam within the period indicated on your admission letter.
- Take the exam at the location of your choice. Immediately after completing the certification exam, you’ll see your preliminary pass/fail result on the computer.
- Watch for a notification email to login and view your final scores.
- Upon passing the exam, you’ll receive your phlebotomy diploma in approximately 4-6 weeks. This will verify your phlebotomy certification and is valid for three years.
Certification is not a required phlebotomist qualification. However, some graduates wish to obtain the credentials required to become a Certified Phlebotomy Technician. Arizona College encourages our graduates to pursue certification to enhance their resumes and gain additional knowledge following the hands-on training in our Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy program.
After successfully completing our program, Arizona College graduates are eligible to sit for the Registered Phlebotomy Technician Certification Examination (offered through the American Medical Technologists organization). Other organizations that certify phlebotomists include the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, National Credentialing Agency for Medical Laboratory Personnel, and National Phlebotomy Association. Depending on which state you wish to work in, a phlebotomy license may be required as well.
Arizona College offers a hands-on Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy diploma program to provide you with the course work, skills, and clinical experience needed to further your employment opportunities. Fill out a request information form to get in touch with our admissions team. Start fulfilling your dream of becoming a phlebotomist. Change lives. Choose Arizona College!