Pharmacy Technician Training Program
Requiring administrative, medical, and customer service skills, a Pharmacy Technician career is a technical line of work that demands attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a busy work setting. Pharmacy Technicians play a critical role in providing quality patient care by acting as gatekeepers of prescribed medications, compounds, and devices.This program is offered at our Glendale and Mesa Campuses only.
Classes start as soon as October 23, 2017!
Choosing a Pharmacy Technician Training Program
Arizona College’s Accredited Pharmacy Technician program is designed to provide the education and training required to reach your goal of becoming a Pharmacy Technician. There are numerous factors to consider when choosing a Pharmacy Technician training program, including opportunities for real-world experience, hands-on training, and post-graduation support.
Our Pharmacy Tech training consists of a comprehensive curriculum and includes:
- Hands-on training for the skills you need to become a Pharmacy Technician
- The use of modern facilities and Pharmacy laboratories
- Labs contain equipment such as: laminar flow hoods, ointment slabs, prescription balances, counting trays, pill crushers, and various other teaching aids.
- Computer training on Pharmacy Management Software
- Pharmacy Technician Courses taught by experienced faculty
- Real-world pharmacy externship experience
Other benefits of our Pharmacy Technician training program include:
- Open lab and tutoring sessions (by appointment)
- Accelerated morning and evening classes
- Flexible schedules
- New sessions starting every 5 weeks
- Access to Arizona College’s peer mentoring program
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Career Services employment placement assistance (upon successful completion of the program)
Taking the Next Step
The Pharmacy Technician diploma program is 3 quarters. After the on-campus portion of the program, each student completes an off-campus clinical externship in the last session of the program. Including the externship, the entire program requires approximately 34 weeks. After the program is completed, graduates are encouraged to pursue certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board.
If you have been thinking about a career as a Pharmacy Technician, don’t let another day go by! We invite you to visit our campus to learn more about our school and our Pharmacy Technician training program. Contact us today and complete a form to receive more information and start on the path to fulfilling your dream of working as a Pharmacy Technician. Change Lives, Choose Arizona College!
Arizona College-Glendale is ASHP accredited.
*Click here for more information about graduation and placement rates, the median debt of students who complete the program, and other important information about this program.