As a healthcare student, you have seemingly endless facts, procedures, and terminology to familiarize yourself with. Everyone has their own learning and studying styles, but next time you are cramming for an exam or just catching up on some materials, keep these study tips for healthcare students in mind.
- Keep study materials with you at all times. You never know when you may find yourself delayed or waiting for someone – this is a great opportunity to study or review your materials.
- Make handwritten flash cards. The process of making flash cards can be as valuable as studying them, as handwriting the cards yourself will help you to retain more information.
- Practice pronunciation. Say the words out loud when studying to prepare yourself to speak the language when on the job.
- When prepping for an exam, take practice tests. This will help you familiarize yourself with the test language and understand the types of questions you will be presented with.
- Find a study partner. Study with a partner or group regularly to quiz each other, share notes, and ensure that you fully understand the topic you are studying.
Most important, remember to enjoy the information you are studying! As a healthcare professional, learning will be a lifelong process – the industry is constantly evolving and you will need to stay up to date on new terms and procedures as advances in medicine are made. Taking pleasure in learning something new will serve you well in your health career.