Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Program
Medical Assisting is a rewarding and growing career that requires proper training. Medical Assistants perform a variety of tasks that keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. They are in constant communication with patients and staff, while performing both clinical and administrative tasks.
Phlebotomy is the act of drawing blood for testing or transfusion. An essential skill within the health care industry, phlebotomy is critical as a means for diagnosing and treating diseases, and a career in this field offers the opportunity to have a significant and meaningful impact on the lives of patients. The Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy training program is offered at our Glendale and Mesa Campuses only.
Classes start as soon as July 10, 2017!
Choosing a Medical Assisting program
There are numerous factors to consider when looking to become a medical assistant with phlebotomy skills. Choosing a training program that will include opportunities for real-world experience, hands-on training, and post-graduation support is key. An education from an accredited school, such as Arizona College, can provide you with the Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy training programs and real-world experience needed.
Our Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy training program curriculum includes:
- Hands-on training to develop the skills you need to work in Medical Assisting and Phlebotomy, including labs where you learn to draw blood through practice on students and other volunteers.
- The use of modern facilities and Phlebotomy laboratories that contain microscopes, simulated arms for venipuncture, examination tables, centrifuge, platform scales, stethoscopes, medical instruments, anatomical charts, and organ models.
- Phlebotomy courses and Medical Assisting courses (lectures and labs) taught by experienced faculty
- Course material that prepares you with the knowledge and skills required to work in both the front (administrative/clerical) and back (patient care/clinical) offices
- Medical externship experience to prepare you for careers in real-world medical offices
Other benefits of our Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy training program include:
- Accelerated morning and evening classes
- Flexible schedules with sessions starting every 5 weeks
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Open lab and tutoring sessions (by appointment)
- Access to Arizona College’s peer mentoring program
- Career Services employment placement assistance (upon successful completion of the program)
Taking the Next Step at Arizona College
The Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy diploma program is 3 1/2 quarters. After the on-campus portion of the program, each student completes an off-campus, 5 week clinical externship in the last session of the program. Including the externship, the entire program requires approximately 35 weeks. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are encouraged to pursue certification in Phlebotomy or certification in Medical Assisting.
If the medical field interests you, take the first step today to become a Medical Assistant – complete a form to start a conversation about our Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy courses and program. We will contact you with more information about our Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy training program, and the simple steps you can take to fulfill your dream of a career in the medical field. Change lives. Choose Arizona College!
*Click here for important information about graduation and placement rates, and the median debt of students who complete the program.