The Unique Arizona College Experience
The Arizona College Nursing Degree Program prepares students with the medical knowledge needed to become registered nurses, while also teaching the leadership skills that support excellence in the field. Get ready to gain hands-on experience while earning your bachelor’s in nursing! This program is offered at our Mesa and Las Vegas Campuses only.
Classes start as soon as August 27, 2017- with no wait list!
When you choose Arizona College, you are entering a nursing program that is structured to deliver experience as well as education.
Our Nursing degree program varies from other nursing programs in Arizona and Nevada in many ways, including:
- Bachelors Degree level program offered
- Evidence (research/science) based curriculum that emphasizes hands-on education
- Highly educated faculty with extensive classroom and clinical experience
- Nearly 877 hours of clinical rotation experience obtained during the program
- Courses that are held in a newly constructed nursing skills laboratory, equipped with modern medical equipment including high-fidelity manikins
- These courses provide students with the opportunity to hone the skills they will need when starting their careers in real-world settings
- Open lab and tutoring sessions
- Education from a private college…you are not just another number at Arizona College!
To discover more about what makes our nursing program unique, fill out the Request Information form to the right.
Nursing Courses Offered in a Clinical Setting
Our evidence-based curriculum includes everything from general classes taught in lecture format to hands-on lab courses taught in our computer and simulation laboratories. Other types of coursework include:
- Unfolding case studies
- Collaborative discussions
- Small group studies
- Slide presentations
- Role playing
- Laboratory simulation
The courses included in the nursing program cover a broad spectrum of subjects that prepare students to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and begin a career in the medical field. The curriculum provides a solid foundation of nursing classes that focus on ethics, theory, leadership, critical thinking skills, and technology.
Real-World Experience through Clinical Rotations
Another advantage of choosing the Arizona College nursing program is getting the opportunity to participate in clinical rotations with physicians, nurses, healthcare professionals, and patients. This experience gives students an idea of what it is like working as a registered nurse in a variety of healthcare settings.
Nursing Programs Requirements
For additional details on the requirements for the upper division nursing courses, please reference the Arizona College catalog. Once you complete the degree program, you’ll have earned a bachelor’s in nursing and will be eligible to sit for the licensure exam to become a registered nurse!
Have more questions about our program? Fill out the Request Information form and see how Arizona College can turn your dream of becoming a registered nurse into a reality!