Begin Your Dental Assisting Classes
Start as Soon as May 20, 2019!
A dental assistant career offers you the opportunity to play a critical role in a busy dentistry environment. Dental assisting is an ideal career path if you:
- Like working in one-on-one settings
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Can juggle a wide range of responsibilities.
Dental assistant responsibilities include providing chairside assistance to dentists and hygienists during dental procedures and performing clerical duties, such as scheduling patient appointments. This program is offered at our Glendale and Mesa, AZ campuses.
Receive a Tablet—and a Head Start
As an Dental Assisting student at Arizona College, you’ll receive a Samsung Galaxy tablet that’s been preloaded with resources that help you to complete your coursework, enrich your studies, and become the successful professional you want to be.
Excel Beyond the Classroom
Our Career Services team offers job search support and employment services to all Arizona College Dental Assistant students and graduates.
Through ArizonaCollegeEDGE.com, we also provide you with tools to simplify everything from writing resumes and cover letters to job applications and more. You’ll even find tips and resources for on-the-job success, conflict resolution, networking, interview prep, and planning for your future. Because at Arizona College, we care about more than getting you ready to graduate. We’re here to get you ready for a career.
Dental Assisting Training at Arizona College
Our school’s dental assistant program takes a total of four quarters (38 weeks) to complete. After completing the on-campus portion of the program, you’ll participate in an off-campus, eight-week clinical externship that provides you with real-world, hands-on experience in a dental practice setting.
Our curriculum includes:
- Training on administrative/clerical duties, including charting dental histories, providing patients with information & post-operative instructions, and teaching patients about maintaining oral hygiene
- Technical training on sterilizing tools and equipment, preparing tray set-ups for dental examinations, and constructing crowns and bridges
- Lecture & lab dental assisting courses taught by experienced faculty
- Externship experience that provides the knowledge and confidence needed to work in a dental office
Other benefits you get with choosing Arizona College for dental assistant training include:
- Accelerated morning and evening classes
- Flexible schedules with new sessions starting every 5 weeks
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Open lab and tutoring sessions (by appointment)
- Peer mentoring program
Choosing a Dental Assistant School
When deciding where to obtain your dental assistant training, look for a school that offers a mix of teaching and learning environments: classroom, laboratory, and experience in the field. This holistic combination gives you a strong foundation for pursuing employment after you graduate.
Arizona College’s dental assisting undergraduate diploma program is designed to provide you with both the education and the real-world experience needed to become a dental assistant.
Arizona College encourages our students to pursue dental assistant certification after completing our program. Additionally, as a program graduate, you’ll have support and assistance with job placement from our Career Services team offers as you embark on your dental assistant career.
We invite you to learn more about our school and our dental assisting program. Take the first step on the path to fulfilling your dream of working in the dental field. Complete a request for information form to get in touch with the Arizona College admissions team. Start your new career today!
*Review our important information about graduation and placement rates, tuition and costs, and the median debt of students who complete the program.