Medical assistant responsibilities include procedures and tasks directly related to patient care, such as updating medical records, preparing medical instruments for doctors and physicians, performing clinical and administrative tasks, communicating with patients, and drawing blood. Phlebotomy, which is the practice of drawing blood, is an essential skill within the healthcare industry and is offered in Arizona College’s Medical Assisting program.
Medical assistants can have a significant and meaningful impact on the lives of patients. Your entry into this rewarding health career begins with medical assistant training.
Choosing a Medical Assistant School
As you prepare to become a medical assistant, choosing a program that includes opportunities for real-world experience, hands-on training, and post-graduation support is key. An education from an accredited school, such as Arizona College, can prepare you for a successful career as a medical assistant.
Our classes start as soon as July 2, 2018!
Receive a Tablet—and a Head Start
As an Allied Health student at Arizona College, you’ll receive a Samsung Galaxy tablet that’s been preloaded with resources that help you to complete your coursework, enrich your studies, and become the successful professional you want to be.
Excel Beyond the Classroom
Our Career Services team offers job search support and employment services to all Arizona College Medical Assistant students and graduates.
Through ArizonaCollegeEDGE.com, we also provide you with tools to simplify everything from writing resumes and cover letters to job applications and more. You’ll even find tips and resources for on-the-job success, conflict resolution, networking, interview prep, and planning for your future. Because at Arizona College, we care about more than getting you ready to graduate. We’re here to get you ready for a career.
Medical Assistant Training at Arizona College
Arizona College’s Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy undergraduate diploma program is a 30-week program offered at our Glendale and Mesa, AZ campuses. Our Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy program curriculum includes:
- Hands-on skills training to in medical assisting and phlebotomy, including labs where you learn to draw blood through practice on students and other volunteers
- Modern facilities and phlebotomy laboratories that contain microscopes, simulated arms for venipuncture, examination tables, centrifuge, platform scales, stethoscopes, medical instruments, anatomical charts, and organ models
- Phlebotomy courses and medical assisting courses (in-classroom lectures and time in the laboratory) taught by experienced faculty
- Course material that provides you with the knowledge and skills required to work in both the front (administrative/clerical) and back (patient care/clinical) offices
- Externship experience to prepare you for careers in real-world healthcare facilities
Other benefits of our Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy training program include:
- Accelerated morning and evening classes
- Flexible schedules with sessions starting every 5 weeks
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Open lab and tutoring sessions by appointment
- Access to Arizona College’s peer mentoring program
- Career Services employment assistance upon successfully completing the program
Taking the Next Step at Arizona College
The Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy diploma program is 3 academic quarters. After the on-campus portion of the program, each student completes an off-campus 5-week clinical externship. Including this externship, the entire program takes approximately 30 weeks. Upon successful completion, graduates are encouraged to pursue phlebotomist certification or become a registered medical assistant.
If this exciting medical field interests you, take the first step today to become a medical assistant. Complete a request information form to start a conversation with our admissions team about Arizona College’s Medical Assistant program. We will contact you with more information about the simple steps you can take to fulfill your dream of a career in medical assisting. Change lives. Choose Arizona College!
*Review our important information about graduation and placement rates, tuition costs, and the median debt of students who complete the program.